- General information and scope
- We value your and your child’s personal privacy highly and hereby want to explain how we collect, process and use your personal information when you use our App “Cubo Ai” and when you visit our website. We hereby promise you that when we are collecting, processing, and using your data, we shall comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by email at [●].
- Data processing while using the Cubo Ai App
- To use the Cubo Ai App, it will be necessary for you to register. Therefore you have to provide your email address and choose a password. All other information you provide is offered on a voluntary basis. We use this data to create and maintain your Cubo Ai Account. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) b) of the GDPR. We will not be transferring your registration information to third parties for commercial purposes. When you create an account, the data you provide will be saved on a revocable basis. To delete your customer account, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- When you install the Cubo Ai App and the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor, we shall invite you to provide some basic personal information, such as, the name(s), age(s), gender(s) of your child (children). The information you provide is used to create your own user environment. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR. If you do not agree to provide this data, you can choose to give pseudonyms. Please note that if you provide incorrect information (e.g. wrong age), certain features and analyses by the app may not work properly.
- In order to provide the monitoring features of Cubo Ai it is necessary to process personal data of babies, toddlers and minors. In particular, video and audio recordings are processed. The Cubo Ai Baby Monitor also collects information on environment temperature, humidity, and decibel levels. We store this data in the monitor and upload it to our servers simultaneously. Our smart technology will analyze the data and detect dangerous situations. When our smart technology warns of any impending dangers around your child, the video and audio information will be stored in the monitor and listed by date on the Alert Wall. You can download the information from the Cubo Ai mobile application. The use of the monitoring features is only allowed for the legal representative of the child or for persons that have been authorized by the legal representative of the child. If this is not the case for you, you may not use the Cubo Ai App for monitoring a child. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) b) of the GDPR, because without processing this data, Yun Yun would not be able to perform the services according to the Terms of Service. The recordings will also be used to train Cubo Ai's algorithm to become increasingly better at recognizing dangerous situations for infants, such as their mouth or nose being covered. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR. We will not use the recordings for other purposes.
- In order to use the Cubo Ai App with the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor it is necessary to provide the ID of the Wi-Fi router at your home to establish a secure internet connection. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) b) of the GDPR.
- It is noted that in the course of providing the monitoring features to you, we may collect information that could reveal your and/or the child’s (children’) racial or ethnic origin. We do not analyze or exploit this information and process it only indirectly.
- If you want to use sleep tracking, sleep analysis or breathing rate tracking features of the app, the data collected for these features constitute health data in the meaning of the GDPR. Therefore, this requires the consent of the legal representative of the child that is monitored by the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor. Before your first use of these features, we will ask you to provide consent. With your consent, you represent that you are the legal representative or that you have been authorized by the legal representative of the child to give said consent. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 9 (2) a) of the GDPR. If the consent is not given, these features can unfortunately not be used.
- To improve the function of the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor and to provide a better user experience for you, as well as to ascertain the technical problems you encounter when using the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor, we shall collect technical information of your Cubo Ai Baby Monitor, such as the model type, serial number, software version, the strength of your Wi-Fi signal, and the log of your Product. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR.
- The Cubo Ai Baby Monitor allows you to freely adjust the settings regarding whether to store and share any specific information and content of you and/or the child (children). You can change settings in the App.
- When you sign up for marketing and promotional communications and submit the questionnaire based on your consent, we shall thereby collect your email address, phone number, age(s) of your child (children) and questionnaire responses. We conduct a market analysis based on this data and send you promotional communications – according to your preferences and behavior – about Yun Yun products, services, events and promotions. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) a) of the GDPR. Registration is voluntary and not necessary to use the app. Yun Yun will give you the chance to withdraw your consent for receiving promotional communications at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each promotional communications email you may receive from us.
- When you contact our online customer service by email, we shall thereby collect your email address, purchase history, and the content (communication records) of your questions or requests that you addressed to provide you with consumer support. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) b) of the GDPR. We also use this data to improve our products and services and to educate our customer service employees during training. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR.
- Data processing when visiting our website
- As with every other website, our server collects information automatically and stores it temporarily in server log files transmitted by the browser unless you deactivate such collection. If you view content in our website, we collect the following data which for technical reasons we need if we are to display the contents of the website to you and to ensure the stability and security thereof (legal basis: Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR):
- the IP address of the computer from which the inquiry is sent;
- the file inquired about by the client;
- the http response code;
- the Internet page from which you are visiting (referrer URL);
- the time the server inquiry is sent;
- the type and version of the browser used; and
- the operating system on the computer sending the inquiry.
(small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device) and other similar
technologies to provide our website. Using Cookies can help us to recognize and count the number of visitors to
our website and enable us to see how visitors browse around.
How are cookies used?
We build the Website on Shopify. For enriching and perfecting user experience, we use the following cookies provided by Shopify:
- You can configure the cookies settings by accessing the
browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all of cookies (for example, third-party cookies). If you
choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Product and Service.
How to configure cookies settings?
The functions of cookies settings may vary according to the type and version of browser you install. We try to list common types of browsers as follows. You may refer to the following links to learn how to control your cookies settings through such browsers. The content in the following links is English. For easier reading, please find the language option in the following link to select your preferred language. If you do not use any one of the following browsers, or the content in the following link is removed or not accessible, please visit those browsers’ privacy-related statements or support pages for further information. You may also refer to https://www.aboutcookies.org/ (the content in this link is English) which introduces how to manage your cookies settings through various browsers.
- How to control your cookies settings through Google Chrome browser: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- How to control your cookies settings through Microsoft Internet Explorer browser: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- How to control your cookies settings through Mozilla Firefox browser: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- How to control your cookies settings through Apple Safari browser: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- For analytics purpose and to provide you with
personalized advertising services and other functions, we use the following cookies owned by third-party services
to optimize your experiences when visiting our website:
and length of your visit in the Service as well as which part or features you visit the most. This data helps
us analyze the performance and operation of our Product and Service to improve performance.
- We use the remarketing technology from Google Ads, the advertising platform of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Using pseudonyms, users who have visited our website are appealed to again through targeted advertising on the websites of the Google partner network. These usage profiles serve to analyze the visitor behavior and are used for targeted product recommendation and interests-based advertising. The pseudonymized user profiles are not combined with personal data concerning the bearer of the pseudonym without the data subject's express consent. The data typically is transmitted to and saved on a Google server located in the United States. Please note that the United States has a level of data protection that may not be equivalent to that of the European Union. The legal basis for using Google Ads is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR. Consent is voluntary. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. Alternatively, by activating the disabling link https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin from Google, you can prevent your data being collected and stored for the purpose of web analysis and advertising control. Further information on Google Remarketing, as well as Google's data protection statement can be viewed at: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/.
- We use the Facebook Remarketing service to provide you with interest-based advertising. Facebook remarketing service is provided by is a service of Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. You can learn more about interest-orientated ad serving from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. Personal data so transmitted to Facebook’s servers in the United States. Please note that the United States has a level of data protection that may not be equivalent to that of the European Union. The legal basis for using Facebook Remarketing is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR. Consent is voluntary. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To opt-out from Facebook's interest-orientated ads, you can also follow the instructions from Facebook as set forth in https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from the ads from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/), or opt-out using your browser settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy webpage: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- We use ShareThis to provide buttons on all pages to help
you share our content. ShareThis is a service from ShareThis Inc, 4005 Miranda Ave, Suite 100, Palo Alto, CA
94304, United States. ShareThis may use the following Usage Data:
- Unique IDs of a cookie placed on a web browser (example: 37d387ca-f68a-11e5-b87d-0e58954c72b1)
- General click-stream behavior Web Pages viewed (including the URL addresses of such pages)
- Search queries from which users are directed to a page
- Navigation from page to page through the ShareThis services
- Time spent on each page Items clicked or selected Content highlighted IP addresses Mobile advertising identifiers (Apple IDFA or Google AAID) which are specific technical data created by mobile manufacturers to allow personalization and customer analytics in a secure and non-identifying way for users (not collected by us but may be used with our data)
- The information contained in HTTP headers or other intent transfer protocol signals Attributes of computer or device usage, type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari), and operating system (iOS or other for mobile devices)
We use Privy on this website. Privy is a service of Privy, Inc., 201 South St, 2nd
Floor, Boston, MA 02111. With Privy, it is possible to display personalized content or redirect users based on
their behavior (mouse movement, clicks, scroll height, page visits, etc.) on our website. For this purpose,
time spent on the page, etc. Your personal data will be sent to a server
operated by Privy in the United States. Please note that the United States has a level of data protection that
not be equivalent to that of the European Union. The legal basis for using Privy is your consent in accordance
with Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR. Consent is voluntary. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the
as described above.
Transmission to third parties
- Except as otherwise provided by law or other than the
situations identified below, we shall not provide, exchange, rent or sell any personal information of you or the
child you monitored to any individual, group, private company or government organization other than those
described in the preceding articles, except in the case where it is required by the laws or regulations,
demanded by a competent authority; the circumstances of such exceptions include, but are not limited to:
- With your written consent or by your setting on our app, such as when you choose to share your personal information with other users;
- With express provision in the laws and regulations;
- To avoid danger to your life, body, liberty or property;
- When it is necessary for statistical or academic purposes and the specific persons cannot be identified in view of the disclosure;
- When your use of the app violates our Terms of Service, or may damage or obstruct our service and the rights and interests of other users or cause damage to anyone, it is necessary for us to disclose your personal information through our reasonable judgment to facilitate identification, contact or legal action;
- Other similar circumstances favorable to your interests.
- We may employ or commission third-party companies and
individuals to assist our services, provide and execute services related to the services on our behalf, or
assist us in analyzing how the app or website is used. These third parties may only obtain the personal
information of you or the child you monitored on our behalf and are obliged not to disclose or use the personal
information for any other purpose. When we entrust a third party to collect, process or use the personal
information of you or your child, our company will sign a confidentiality agreement and data processing
agreement with the outsourced company or individual to maintain and ensure the confidentiality level of your
personal information in accordance with our personal information protection level. Third parties engaged
- TUTK (https://www.throughtek.com/privacy_policy.html);
- Amazon (https://aws.amazon.com/tw/compliance/data-privacy-faq/);
- Google (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7318509?hl=zh-Hant);
- Segment (https://segment.com/docs/legal/privacy/);
- Zendesk (https://www.zendesk.tw/company/customers-partners/privacy-policy/);
- Shopify (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
- We may use the non-identifiable part of your information for statistical and analytical purposes and share the results with our partners. For example, we may share with them the environmental information such as the temperature and humidity of the space used by the child (children) and shall make sure that the above-mentioned information we shared will not be linked to you and that our partners shall comply with it.
- Except as otherwise provided by law or other than the situations identified below, we shall not provide, exchange, rent or sell any personal information of you or the child you monitored to any individual, group, private company or government organization other than those described in the preceding articles, except in the case where it is required by the laws or regulations, demanded by a competent authority; the circumstances of such exceptions include, but are not limited to:
- Storage period
- We will retain your personal data for the period
- Before you delete your account, we will continue to store your account information.
- For providing you with consumer and customer support, we will continue to store your purchase information before you request us to delete it.
- Before you delete your account, we will continue to store the information you provide when you install the app and the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor.
- The information processed during the use of the
- We store your environmental information in the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor for 10 days; after 10 days this data will be automatically deleted. We also upload your environmental information to our servers; we will continue to store this data before you request us to delete it.
- We store the video and audio information in the Cubo Ai Baby Monitor for 18 hours; after 18 hours this data will be automatically deleted.
- Videos on the Alert Wall will be kept for 30 days and will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Memorable photos uploaded to our servers will be kept for 10 days and will be automatically deleted after 10 days.
- Photos taken by Cubo Ai’s Auto Photo Capture regularly, the environmental information, and the analysis results from Cubo Ai will be uploaded to our servers; we will continue to store the data above before you request us to delete it.
- All data uploaded to our servers that we do process on the legal basis of Article 6 (1) b) or Article 6 (1) f) of the GDPR is automatically deleted when you have not logged into the app for 3 years. This does not apply when we have legitimate interests in further processing your personal data. In this case, the personal data is deleted when our legitimate interest has ceased to exist or when you object to our legitimate interests. Statutory storage obligations remain unaffected by this.
- We will continue to store the information you provide along with your consent (Article 6 (1) a) of the GDPR) when you sign up for marketing and promotional communications before you request us to delete it.
- You can ask us to delete the information at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International transfer
- Because we use third-party service providers (such as Amazon and Google) to support us in providing our service, your personal information may be transferred to — and processed on — computers or servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the personal data protection laws may differ than those in your jurisdiction. As required by the GDPR, we shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. Therefore, we have signed contracts based on the EU's standard contractual clauses with providers that process data outside the European Union.
- Since Yun Yun is located in Taiwan, it might be necessary in individual cases to transfer personal data to Taiwan and process it there. The legal basis for this data transfer is Article 49 (1) b) of the GDPR. Yun Yun is committed to protecting your privacy in the process.
- Your rights
- You have the following rights vis-à-vis us regarding your personal data. You have the right to:
- rectify or erase,
- restrict processing,
- object to processing, and
- In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data.
No server log files are evaluated in association with an individual person. The provider is not able to associate the data with any specific person or persons at any time. The data is not merged with data from any other sources.
Please send us an email (email@example.com) or contact our data protection officer [●].